The Brown Boys

The Brown Boys
March 2008

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"It's the climb."

Darrell, Andrew, and I left for Orlando last Thursday with five other friends.  We bought a vacation a few years ago, thinking that Luke and Lane would be walking by then and we could all go and have a great time together.  But when it came time to take the vacation we decided to leave Luke and Lane with my mom and dad.  It was a hard decision.  I guess, ultimately, we chose to leave them because they couldn't walk yet and it would be hard to carry them everywhere, and to give Andrew some one-on-one time with us.  He hardly ever gets our undivided attention.  

When we got back home they were happy to see us, and we missed them too!  The next day I checked my FB account and I had two messages from other moms who have children with Cohen Syndrome.  One family is from Australia, and one is from North Carolina.  They have children with delayed milestones and no explanation as to why.  The girl is fifteen who just got a diagnosis in April 2009, and the boy is five, and he got his diagnosis in February 2009.  I read their stories which were different yet very similar to each other and to mine.    

In the past seven months I have met several families who have children with CS, and there is always one constant component that I get from their stories; they are in motion.  Whether they were speaking of pre- or post diagnosis, they keep moving forward.  We all have goals and dreams for our children, and some of those milestones and dreams may never be met, however, we all seem to know that we cannot remain stationary.  The key is to CHOOSE to keep moving on, moving forward.  Every day is special, even the ones where there was no breakthrough.  Our memories will not begin when a goal, or a dream is realized, or when a prayer is answered, we will also remember the heartache, and the days our faith was tested, and what we choose to do on those days will be in our hearts forever, and will show in our lives and in our children's lives.  

The title of this blog comes from a teenager, Miley Cyrus, her song is powerful and true.  I am sure you have heard it before.

"It's the Climb."

I can almost see it
That dream I'm dreaming but
There's a voice inside my head sayin'
You'll never reach it,
Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking but I
Got to keep trying
Got to keep my head held high

Chorus - There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing 
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most yeah
Just got to keep going
And I, I got to be strong 
Just keep pushing on, cause
-Chorus-

Keep on moving, keep climbing, 
Keep the faith
It's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith





1 comment:

  1. You SO about made me cry on this! I love this song and its so approriate for all our situations in our lives! The boys surprise me everyday! And I can't wait to see what HE has in store for ALL 3 of them! LUB YOU!!

    ReplyDelete